When looking at these results it is important to note that every case is different. No guarantees can be made regarding recovery or the outcome of any case. We provide examples to give people an idea of some of the types of cases we handle.
Insurance Bad Faith
- Client’s car stolen, insurance company denied claim. $460,000.00 recovered.
- Client’s truck stolen, insurance company dragged out claim and delayed repairs. $90,000.00 recovered.
- Client’s underinsured motorist claim not handled properly by insurance company. Insurance company obtained release from her for less than reasonable amount. We filed suit on her behalf for bad faith handling of claim. Obtained an additional $175,000.00.
- Disability insurer cut-off policyholder’s monthly benefits of $1,500.00 and said policyholder was capable of returning to work. $286,600.00 recovered.
- Client’s disability benefits cut after insurance company had him followed around and took pictures of him working. $185,000.00 recovered.
- Client’s disability claim denied. We were successful in getting insurance company to pay all past benefits due, and then recovered an additional $80,000.00 for the delay and manner the claim was handled.
- Client’s $15,000 SUV was stolen and his theft claim was denied. Recovery: $75,000.00.
- Co-counsel: Bad faith case. Coverage denied and defense withdrawn on client on professional liability claim brought against him. Recovery: $650,000.00.
- Client had toe cut-off by lawnmower. $209,686.00 recovered.
- Client injured when ski boot broke. Injuries to the knee, back, and neck. $150,000.00 recovered.
- Client hit on the head by rear hatch SUV. Head injuries. $300,000.00 recovered.
- Artificial vein graft implanted in client, deteriorated and necessitated replacement. Confidential settlement.
- Client’s eye injured by hedge trimmer. $280,000.00 recovered.
- Airbag failed to inflate in head-on collision. Death case. Confidential settlement.
- Deep fat fryer tipped over. Client’s legs burned. $230,000.00 recovered.
- Chair broke. Aggravated client’s back condition. Confidential settlement.
- Client went to pick up a tall glass vase when it broke in his hands. Severed nerve in thumb and surgery. Recovery: $65,000.00.
- Client, a 77-year-old man, tripped and fell on sidewalk suffering a spinal injury. Liability disputed. $1 million dollars recovered.
- Client, a minor, suffered a broken femur as a result of a defective condition on premises. Settled for an amount in excess of $400,000.00.
- Truck driver at a warehouse hit by fork lift. Shoulder injury. $287,500.00 recovered.
- Client walking in the rain down sidewalk when she slipped on a utility company’s diamond plate cover and broke her ankle. Utility company took position that the diamond plate covers were safe and standard of industry. Recovery $225,000.00.
- Client, a 30 year-old woman, was out in her patio during high winds doing laundry when a board came from where above her and hit her on the head. She had a large gash on her head and loss consciousness. Liability and extent of injury was hotly contested. $330,000.00 recovered.
- Client was injured outside of a market when she slipped on a walkway where employees of the store had been washing floor mats. Disputed liability, slip and fall torn meniscus surgery. Recovery: $130,000.00.
- Client grabbed on to guardrail outside her door at her apartment complex when it broke off the wall and she fell 3 feet to the ground. Broken arm. Recovery: $215,000.00.
- Client injured ankle when walking across unstable pathway stepping stones. $110,000.00 recovered.
- Client’s door kicked open and client attacked in his motel room. $135,000.00 settlement.
- Retired elderly man hit head-on by another driver. Neck and shoulder injuries. $250,000.00 judgment obtained.
- Client hit from behind while stopped at an intersection. Defendants claimed low impact and disputed impact was sufficient to have caused her injury. She underwent back surgery and did not make a good recovery. She had to undergo a second back surgery. Settled for $800,000.00.
- Client was hit by drunk driver. Neck and back injury. Insurance company initially offered $12,000.00. Case settled for $80,000.00 on the eve of trial.
- Client injured neck in auto accident. Insurance company offered less than $5,000.00 before client retained our office. $200,000.00 settlement.
- Client injured neck in intersection accident. Had neck surgery a year later. Recovered $500,000.00
- Client sustained low back injury in auto accident. Did not have surgery. Settled for $250,000.00
- Client injured in auto accident. Insurance company offered $700.00 before client retained our office, and then rejected our $30,000.00 policy limits demand. $188,000.00 judgment obtained. Insurance company paid $160,000.00.
- Client knocked down by pickup truck that was backing up. Abrasions to leg and scarring. About $10,000.00 in medical bills. Recovered $275,000.00.
- Auto collision. Client retained our office after another attorney filed the lawsuit in Limited Jurisdiction (for cases under $25,000.00). We moved the case to Unlimited Jurisdiction and the case was later settled for $125,000.00.
- Client injured in low impact auto accident. Underwent back surgery. Liability and injury disputed. Settled $450,000.00.
- Client side-swiped on freeway. Neck injury and surgery. Recovery: $750,000.00.
- Client rear-ended by a police car. Low back disc injuries and surgery. Recovery: $655,000.00.
- Client at intersection and rear-ended. Low back injuries. Surgery was recommended. No surgery done. Recovery: $525,000.00.
- Client had prior low back problems and was rear-ended. Lower back was reinjured and had surgery again. Recovery: $450,000.00.
- Client was rear-ended on the freeway. Neck injury and surgery. Recovery: $450,000.00.
- Client in a rear-end auto collision. Neck and elbow injuries. Elbow decompression surgery. Recovery: $250,000.00.
- Client with prior auto accident and low back surgery was rear-ended again. Left shoulder injury and surgery. Prior stable low back was re-injured. Low back surgery recommended. Recovery: $250,000.00 policy limits.
- Client had prior neck problems and was recommended surgery. Then she was rear-ended in a car accident and her neck symptoms worsened. Neck surgery performed: Recovery: $225,000.00.
- Client rear-ended in a car accident and suffered a rotator cuff injury and underwent surgery. Recovery: $100,000.00 policy limits.
- Client at a stop and was rear-ended. Neck and low back straining injuries with disc bulges. Recovery: $100,000.00 policy limits.
- Client was t-boned at intersection. Neck, back, and knee strains, concussion, and post concussive syndrome. Recovery: $100,000.00 policy limits.
- Client in a rear-end auto collision. Aggravation of her degenerative spine conditions, neck and low back pain. Recovery: $78,000.00.
- Client was driving his 1960s classic VW bus with no seatbelts when he was hit by another car and ejected. His face hit the pavement. He lost a tooth crown and had a ligament injury to his wrist. Recovery: $100,000.00 policy limits.
- Client hit on the freeway and car rolled over. Shoulder injury and surgery. Recovery: $108,000.00.
- Client rear-ended by truck. Neck and back injuries. Client underwent two back surgeries. $800,000.00 settlement.
- Client driving a big rig was rear-ended by another rig. Shoulder and neck injury. $167,000.00 settlement.
- Truck driver rear-ended on freeway. Neck injury. $475,000.00 recovered.
- Wrongful death. Young girl was a passenger in a car and killed in out of state trucking accident. Mother lived in Mexico. Liability disputed. Settled for $450,000.00
- Associate counsel on case where a worker was injured in fall from tank caused by an explosion at an oil refinery. Multiple injuries. Permanent disability. Present day/cash value of settlement in excess of $3.5 million. Total including future payments and attorney’s fees in excess of $8 million.
- 90 year-old client sustained a hip injury when a neighbor's unleashed dog ran onto her property and knocked her over. $300,000 recovery.
- Client was at a friends and had a dog bite her on the face, leaving a very small residual scar. $70,000 recovered.
- Client bitten by dog on upper arm leaving a scar. Recovery: $70,000.00.
- Client was walking on a public sidewalk when a small dog ran from owner's home and charged her, causing her to lose her balance and fall, breaking her left wrist and necessitating two surgeries. $85,000 recovered.
- Client riding his motorcycle and hit by a car. Broken right finger. Recovery: $23,425.00.
- Client was on his motorcycle when a vehicle pulled out in front of him, violating his right-of-way. He sustained a broken foot, requiring surgery, in the collision. $100,000 recovered.
- Client was injured when an intoxicated driver of a delivery truck made an abrupt right turn in front of him, knocking him off and then under his Harley Davidson motorcycle. Client sustained fractures to his left foot requiring surgery and to his right wrist requiring a cast. $212,000 recovered.
Auto vs. Pedestrian
- Client was crossing the middle of the street outside a crosswalk at nighttime pushing a shopping cart when he was hit by a car. Multiple rib and leg fractures. Liability disputed. Recovery $285,529.53.
- Client crossing street in the crosswalk when she was hit by a car. Loss of consciousness and a shoulder strain. Recovery: $100,000.00.
- Elderly gentleman walking across the street and hit by a car. Shoulder fracture, no surgery. Recovery: $95,000.00.
- Client crossing the middle of the street outside a crosswalk when she was hit by a car. Knee fracture and surgery. Liability disputed. Recovery: $162,500.00.
- Client was skateboarding across the street when he was hit by a car. Neck, back, and ankle strains. Liability disputed. Recovery: $46,507.19.